About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Friday, December 15, 2017

FRIDAY #3278

One Of My Very Own

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

"Midnight Train to Georgia" - Gladys Knight and the Pips


NEWSY BITS

This tweet had been intended to let students know the campus of University College London was still open as some parts of Britain remained covered by 13 inches of snow.



The college was forced to apologize after a “dreaming of a white campus” tweet was deemed racist by “snowflake students.”

One twitter user replied: “You know who else dreamt of a white campus? Hitler, that’s who." 



When are we going to grow some balls and tell those fucks we DON'T CARE IF THEY ARE OFFENDED?

===
There are good guys left in the world.


===
By the way...
Almost instantly this man has become a hot meme on the internet. For instance, one caption said, "When you lied on the application and it’s starting to show.




OBJECTS OF INTEREST

Foot impressions of praying monk
I know I've shown you that before, but that's damn impressive.

===

===
What exactly does she do with it now?

===
How does one go about discovering that?

===
I think this is a fountain sort of thing.

===
Ever seen a roadrunner wag its tail like a dog?
Me neither.

===
A pair of intricately cut shoes that were worn by a 2,300 year old bog body.

===


<>
When my wife 2.0 was in college she would put on a really cute outfit so she could walk around a nightclub selling people drinks that other people left on tables.

<>


SILLINESS


===

===
This man is written some awesome lines.

===

===

===

===
How my wife dances now.

How she used to dance while we were dating.


<>
When I sit down and the toilet seat is warm, I like to imagine someone rubbed a freshly baked loaf of bread on it. Don't ruin this for me.

<>
God I love jokes like that.


1923 TOKYO EARTHQUAKE - THE PERFECT STORM

Tokyo lies directly over the junction of three plates, all going in different directions.

In 1923 a long endurance 7.8 earthquake caused 90% of the buildings to collapse.

 



It was noon, so all cooking fires were lit and almost immediately the ruins were ablaze.

10s of thousands were directed to large depot marshaling yard, a clear space near the city center. Then the city was hit by a typhoon. The rain didn't have a chance to dampen the flames as the 100mph winds exacerbated the inferno.
We've all seen fire tornados.

Well, the one in Tokyo on that day had a footprint of 300 feet.

And it took its time wondering around the marshaling yard killing the people who moments before thought they were safe.

Every pond and small lake in and around the city were choked with drowned victims.

Then to add insult to injury, rumors spread that the Koreans caused the fires and mobs hunted down and killed over 6000 men, women and children of Korean origin.

Side note: Koreans hate the Japanese for many reasons and I predict their first nuke will take out Tokyo. Payback is hell.


<>
The only time I get anxiety is when I’m picking up a prescription for my wife and the pharmacists asks me for her birth date.

<>


PEOPLE WE SHOULD ADMIRE

Honors farmers on a silo.

===
As Soviet troops approached Berlin in 1945, citizens did their best to take care of Berlin Zoo's animals.

===
I can do this.
I mean hand someone a stick not the dangling part.

===

That reminds me of just I badly I suck at life.



===
Knowing servers as I do, that cleavage will increase her tips considerably. I read somewhere that her just touching a male customer's arm will increase her tips 10%.


<>
 Priest Client: "So, how is my floor mural coming along?"
Michelangelo: [slowly turning the blueprint in his hands 180 degrees] "Shiiiiiit."

<>

ODDNESSES


===

===
Sounds like a children's story.

===
Insanity.

===
"3 and a half years ago my dad was killed by a drunk driver on Valentines Day coming home from an AA meeting."
Don't laugh at the timing.


<>
I can't get upset with people who put up their Christmas decorations in November; I'm already drunk for St. Patrick's Day.

<>

VEHICLES

Could someone explain this to me?

===
I didn't know they could do this.

===
On many tracks they have installed 2 feet of pea gravel at dangerous curves. The cars leaving the track immediately bog down in the gravel with no damage to the car. The only problem is the car can't get back on the track without assistance.

===
In America they stop the race for the rain. In Europe they just change to rain tires.

===

===

===
Safety Car at 2016 Le Mans 24 hour race

===

===

===

===
She should buy a lottery ticket.

<>

===

===

===

===

===


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive